Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A bedtime story of old...

Last night, my hubby and I pay-per-viewed M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water. What an incredible film! Well, I am a huge fan of M. Night Shyamalan, so my review may be a bit biased. However, I will say... YOU MUST SEE THIS FILM! You laugh, you cry, you cheer... and of course, in true Night fashion, you may get startled. Nothing too severe. I promise!

Unfortunately, I am one of those unlikely people that can predict certain events in movies and television before they actually happen. It is a very annoying trait to have for myself and anyone who happens to be sitting next to me. I will not spill the beans for you... as long as you promise to watch thIS MOVIE!!

Okay... So I think I've annoyed you enough with this whole Lady in the Water thing. I won't mention it again.

Lately I have been making myself write more. Whether it's just jotting down pointless little notes in my planner or a scrap piece of paper, emailing friends, weblogging (typing and then deleting because obviously I'm not blogging!!!), writing out my menu for the week, making out my grocery list, or writing out my to do list. A journal has also been on my mind lately. I once heard this wonderful Lady, her name is Oprah by the way, mention that a Journal is wonderful for your soul. Write it in pen, and do not edit it -- no scribbling things out, no re-thinking what you're writing: Just write.

Currently, there exists this Art Journal Challenge that I have been considering participating in. However, I have seen some of the other participants' work, and I'm a little intimidated. This is not a competition of any sort... I was just completely WOWed at other's art! I will most likely start on my deck of cards tomorrow or the day after.

All this blogging has made me thirsty. I think I'm ready for a nice glass of Water.

.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Thank You For The link! I think I will play along Too!