Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Getting tired of Winter already...

Usually I just absolutely love the Winter months. I love cuddling up on the couch with extra blankets, cocoa, the kiddos, a good book, maybe even watch a movie. I'm pretty much a home-body so I'm usually loving this time of year.

Well, here in Colorado, we got hit with some torrential blizzards in December and the snow still hasn't melted (it's the middle of January!). In fact, I'm guessing the snow on our front lawn is still 2 1/2 feet high.

And our roads are a totally different story. Our roads are driving. me. insane. For some reason, that I just do not understand, we technically don't live within the city limits, even though we live 3 houses away from a public elementary school. Because of this, we don't get our roads plowed. And every single senior citizen in the neighborhood feels that they cannot drive over 7 MPH! They don't want to get their cars dirty! Ahhhh!!! (Don't get me wrong. I love our senior citizens. I even help them shovel their driveways.) And because we live 3 houses down from an elementary school, our street gets a lot of traffic. Is it necessary for them to drive down our street? No. Our street is not THE main street to get to the school. But these people must think it's a short cut or something! Well it's NOT people! It's. simply. not. It makes it 300% more difficult when the residents of this street are trying to get out or in and have to pull over so you can take your so-called short cut! Get a clue!! Argh!

Calgon... take me away.

.

No comments: