Thursday, January 25, 2007

Week One...

A couple days ago I completed week one of my Art Journal Journey that I am joining Emily on! I wrote about it approximately a week ago in my Lady in the Water post, but I won't revisit that again! Just watch the movie, OK? Alrighty then.

Ya know... I thought I had a deck of cards laying around the house. After all, who doesn't have a deck of cards laying around the house? Especially people like us -- whom get together with friends every Saturday night to play board or card games. I looked all over the place for a deck of cards that have been tattered and well worn that I could alter. My thoughts were that a well-used deck of cards would be perfect for this project! Am I right?

The only decks of cards I could find were these KEM playing cards and I don't think my hubby would appreciate me altering those. He got them a couple of years ago for his birthday and I guess after he received them, we threw out the "cheap" cards. Why on Earth we would do that, I don't know. My super-spidey senses should have told me that I would one day need them for this very project! But the world went on and I made a trip to my local Tar-jay to purchase a deck of brand new, not well-used, not tattered cards.

And... Ta-Da... this is my first week's journal card:












I hope that my cards get more creative as I go. I've never worked on a scale this small, but I have had the itch to for a little while now, so this was a lot of fun for me! I am looking forward to next week.

The details: The paper is WRMK, the ribbon is BG; I machine stitched the ribbon on; I hand stitched all the beading on.

Thank you, Emily, for this wonderful Challenge!!

.

6 comments:

valerie said...

stunning glad you are proud to be you

Penny said...

I love how you did the beads!

Anonymous said...

that is really awesome that you are able to journal something so personal and make it so beautiful. Love the card!

Gigi said...

love the jewels & the ribbon is so pretty. but your open & honest journalling makes it, ....i'm rooting for ya!!!

Emily Falconbridge said...

you are amazing :)
you should say that for your 'i am' statement :)
depression is no fun. i am so glad you can be working through it. i love your ribbon and little touches on the card too!

scraphappy aka sandy said...

beautiful blog beautiful work keep it up, will be calling back regular to see how your doing